Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sausage, Peppers and Onions Sandwich #Gameday #Sandwich #Douglicious

I miss being in New York but one of the things I miss are the Astoria, Queens street fairs with the great smell of Sausage, Onions and Peppers cooking Italian style. Although I'm not there I can bring the great smell home and on this great weekend for football why not enjoy myself. This is a great sandwich for the hungry man or the starving children that are so hungry they are searching the cabinets for a snack. Quick and easy to make and the flavors are completely up to you. I'll give you my version of this great Sandwich and let me know how Doug-Licious it is!


 Ingredients: 
4 Bread Rolls
2 Red Bell Peppers
2 Green Bell Peppers
1 Sweet Yellow Onions
2 garlic cloves
28 oz Pork Sausage (Can also work with Turkey or Chicken Sausage)
1 tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Dill
2 Tablespoons on Olive Oil (I love this stuff)
Salt and pepper to taste

First Take your Peppers and Onions and give them a nice cut into batons set it aside. Next your going to slice your sausage up keep the cuts fairly thin but not to thin. Set this aside as well. 

Next Get your Skillet Hot medium high heat. add half tablespoon of Olive oil followed by your Peppers and Onions. I like to Saute the Veggies first then my meat and mix them together after wards. Saute the Peppers and Onions for about 4-5 minutes Add your Red wine and Dill to your veggies, and cook about 3 minutes, remove from heat. 

Next Get your skillet hot add remainder of Olive oil, Add in your Sausage and garlic be sure to move around so they do not burn. Cook for 15 minutes stirring around. Add in your precooked Peppers and Onions and cook for 5 more minutes. Once all mixed together Remove From heat.

Cut Your rolls across leaving a good amount of space in the back. Add your Sausage Peppers Onions inside and Slap in on a plate.
Next Devour Your Sandwich! Hope you enjoy and remember it's Doug-licious!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment